Monday, August 27, 2007

Oh, Happy Day!

Oh, happy day! I finally took the big step and bought a new machine. Here she is, the Janome 11000. I have had the Janome 9000 for at least seven years, and have thoroughly enjoyed it, but always wished I had a second machine. It will be great to be able to do regular sewing while my 11000 is embroidering. The 11000 also has a much larger embroidery field so the sky is the limit with what I can embroider. It will also be nice to still have a machine at home when I take one or the other in for routine check-ups.

Before now, it just never seemed like the time to make the additional investment. Recently, it simply “became the time,” so down I went to this wonderful sewing machine shop in St. Petersburg called Sue’s Bay Area Sewing, and I bought it. The best part is that I have met the most wonderful of women there, and am very happy I discovered Sue’s shops. There are actually four shops in different parts of the county to choose from, and that is going to be splendidly convenient as well.

Since this machine does exponentially more than my old one did, I keep getting distracted trying all the new capabilities out. So, in the 48 hours I have owned the new machine I have only completed these two bags for my niece who is about to start pre-school. I was very pleased with the ease with which I can take designs directly from my computer to the machine, and combine them, laying them out directly on the machines computer screen exactly the way I want them sewn out. It is a wonderful thing. My mind is racing with the projects I want to do. The other night I actually had a dream about dish towels! Now THAT is a good thing…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to start school and to have such beautiful bags to carry my "work"!!!! Everyone will see what I already know....I have the best aunt in the world!!! Thank you Aunt Susan... I love them and love you! xoxoxo Lily

swooze said...

Fun! I bought a Janome 6500 this year. I haven't even looked at their embroidery machine line. It hasnt totally grabbed my attention yet so that may be down the road a bit.

Have fun with your new machine!

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan:

So, I am checking out your blog, as you asked me to do, and I love it. However, I am deviously trying to figure out a way I can get my hands on some of those INCREDIBLE bibs you have been making for M. Hint, hint.....hehe

Anonymous said...

ok~ Madelyn and I LOVE the Blog....We were a little shocked though, that we hadn't gotten any cool gifts since the new sewing machine....... Are you too busy producing for everyone, but your grandaughter?? ;) hehehe...just kidding (sort of) We love you mom!! xoxoxoxo