Friday, September 19, 2008

SA Boutique Original

Creating for Quilty Indulgence hasn't been the only thing I have been up to recently. I did a bit of shopping at the SA Boutique recently and purchased a few items for my darling granddaughter. One of the great items I managed to purchase was this wonderful denim shirt. Imagine, a denim shirt for only $1.49! Yes, you guessed it, the SA Boutique is what I affectionately call our local Salvation Army Family Thrift Store. This is a very good brand name shirt, was in excellent condition and just needed a bit of "sprucing up". I laundered it as soon as I got it home, started browsing through my machine embroidery designs, made a selection and below is the finished product. Not bad for only a $1.49, eh?

I also bought another shirt, a wonderful grey sweatshirt, and on it I embroidered "I'm the big sister" with some pretty flowers. Sadly, I didn't take a photo of that shirt prior to giving it to my little angel. Oh, and that shirt was only $1.29!

Here is a photo of the back of the shirt.

I like shopping at the SA Boutique because often times it inspires my creativity, it recycles perfectly good clothing, and the money goes to a good cause. It is a win, win situation all the way around!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic 'upgrade' and embellishments! Very clever!

Greenmare said...

good job you! I love the shirt! I want one now! but mine needs to say something about greenapples......... hmm have to think about this~~~

swooze said...

Nice job. I love how you did the placket.