Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Scrappy Lil Twisters

My newest obsession (like I need one) is the Primitive Pinwheels tool from Primitive Gatherings.  This one uses 3.5 inch square scraps of fabric and my goodness are the possibilities endless!  I finished my first one and immediately bought a stand to hang it in.   Now I have made different ones for different seasons and holidays.
Above is my favorite Christmas wall hanging - it was designed by The Gathering Room and is called Twisted Christmas (beware - their webpage loads as slow as molasses - so be patient).  The pattern calls for 5 inch squares, but you can easily substitute 3.5 inch squares like I did above and get the same exact design, just smaller.  So it would fit in the hanger, I left off the borders.  I became so addicted to the Christmas wreaths, I made three different sizes.  One using the 5 inch squares, one using the 3.5 inch squares, and the even smaller one using the 2.5 inch squares.  Again ... made from scraps, quick and easy (three hours, start to finish!), and most important - FUN!  Happy Holidays, everyone!

1 comment:

Greenmare said...

OMG I love love love that wreath! your sewing room must be just humming!