Friday, April 18, 2008

I Have Strayed

Yes, I strayed from my sewing machine a bit since November and hung out with the knitting needles. I started this scarf for my sister-in-law, Dr. Sara, in November with every intention of having it completed in time for her to use to brave those cold Boston winds of winter. Obviously I didn't make it in time but now she certainly will be ready for NEXT winter! It is made from the most luxurious yarn and I loved touching it while I was knitting. It is Alpaca, Cashmere, Camel and Yak yarn. You just can not believe how wonderfully soft and cozy warm this yarn is. Sara bought the yarn at a great yarn store in Boston called Woolcott and Company that we stopped by while visiting her in Boston. Amazing selection of the best fibers available. So, all that said, better late than never and another DONE on my list of UFOs. Woo Hoo!

6 comments:

Greenmare said...

you know how to knit too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We HAVE got to get together!! I am a knitter wannabe. I even checked out the book Knitting for Dummies, but I had a few problems understanding it. sigh. I really want to learn to knit! It's my turn to bow before the great one!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Sweet Woodruff said...

Hey there. I remember seeing your blog. My friends from Olde Green Cupboard up in Jacksonville went to the Chicago show. I loved the Caladium. It reminds me of my mother because she loves them so much, she had them in her wedding bouquet. How did they make that quilt?

I walked the beaches of Clearwater that morning waiting for Rainbows End to open. I had never been there before. I loved all the new stuff they have.

Yesterday we spent the day at Fort De Soto. WONDERFUL!!!

Maybe we can get together and you can teach me to knit. I know how, but all I know is that one stitch. I can't afford the classes at Michael's and I need to learn how to read a pattern and do more than make a scarf, which I won't be needing much in Florida. LOL

Blessings to you. Oh yeah. I'm about to start a very small, part time job at Quilts on Plum Lane in Dade City. You'll have to come. :)

Take care. I'll see you around. It is nice to meet you.

Rhonda said...

It's ok to stray....I do it all the time..........LOL

Rhonda said...

It's ok to stray....I do it all the time..........LOL

Nicole & Phil said...

gorgeous colours in the scarf! I have strayed to knitting too....it is perfect to take in your bag when you are waiting for doctor appointment,s buses, kids etc....and the time seems to go quicker! I feel less likely to worry if I am kept waiting, and value the extra 5 minutes of knitting time if the doctor is running late! :)