Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Inspired by the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon

It's no secret that I am absolutely enamored with the Outlander book series authored by Diana Gabaldon. I suggested to my sister-in-law that she might enjoy the series and that it would make magnificent summer reading. I explained to her that the seventh and final book in the series, An Echo in the Bone, is due out on September 22 and unlike most lovers of the series she could read through all seven books uninterrupted. She started reading the books, fell in love with them, as well as Jamie Fraser, and the rest is history.... and if you know the series, it really is history.

I saw this embroidery design and immediately thought of Jamie Fraser. The design is the Celtic Tree of Life. Roughly, and very abridged, the design symbolizes the concept of the interconnectedness of life on earth. As often is the case, one thought led to another, and I knew I had to embroider the Celtic symbol onto a piece of duck cloth and make a bag for Sara to commemorate her summer with Jamie Fraser. Ahhhhhh......
Interesting side note: The final book in the series, An Echo in the Bone, hasn't been released yet and as I type this post, the book is #18 in sales on Amazon. That gives you some indication of the following these books have.....

2 comments:

Greenmare said...

oh Flori, that is gorgeous! I am first in line to buy some if you decide to sell any!

Chris Daly said...

Susan, Nice to meet you at last. I have seen your photo on Mary's blog many times before. I LOVE your embroidery work and I'm a big Outlander fan too. I will be back to explore more soon.

Chris