Saturday, July 23, 2011

Scrappy Clothesline Baskets

Isn't she lovely? This weeks scrappy project is a basket made with 3/4 inch strips of scraps wrapped around cotton clothesline. I love making these baskets! They also make excellent gift baskets - you can use use a theme (here I used brights), or you can use a holiday theme and pack it full of holiday type items. I have made these for Christmas using reds, whites, and greens and then filled them with baked goods. What a gorgeous gift that was! How about just reds and whites for the Redword enthusiast? Or what about school colors for the college bound? Oh, oh, oh...! How about fall colors to sit on that wonderful fall table runner.... as you can see the options are limitless!

This one is going to be a handwork basket. I used Clover's new Kanzashi maker to embellish the basket. I love those things and what a wonderful finishing touch! There are three different flower makers, each in two different sizes, making six in all. I used an old button for the middle of the flower. I used my favorite thread, King Tut number 918, for the fun, blended and colorful look. You will be seeing Kanzashi flowers pop up on numbers projects in the future! A Happy, Scrappy Weekend to all!

2 comments:

Greenmare said...

and I can attest that they make fabulous birthday presents!!! Thank you thank you! I love mine!!!! I intend to carry it as a purse on occasion too! it's THAT pretty!!!!

Never A Plain Jane said...

I adore this! Do you sew your scraps into a super long tube, then run your clothesline through it? How did you do do that fab zigzag stitch? I must know more!