Saturday, August 6, 2011

Quilted Scrappy Toy Bag

Remember the Scrappy Balls from a few posts back? Well, here is the Scrappy Toy Bag I have made for those balls, and a few other things, to travel in. My newest granddaughter is due to arrive in a few weeks and I firmly believe that every baby should have a bag of toys for when they go visiting. Now, from this photo I bet you are thinking that her name is going to be Hazel. Well, that just isn't to be. You'd think that I would have learned... but nooooooo. As of this morning I have taken the Hazel pocket off and have embroidered two new pockets that say, "Nora's Toys". Yes, let's pray that name sticks. I believe her parents are still trying to choose her middle name. I was thinking they should name her Nora Grace Hazel Eloise Pearl.... That's the list of names that this little peanut has held for short times during her gestation. Certainly one of them should work for a middle name..... wink wink wink...
.

This is a very easy bag to make - I literally made a mini-quilt top about 18 by 36 inches out of nothing but scraps. I then layered the quilt top with batting and backing, quilted it and then applied binding all the way around the rectangle. Once that was done I applied the pocket and placed the handles on top of the quilt top and over the side edges of the pockets, sewed up the side seams, and wa-la! I had a scrappy toy bag. I will show you the contents of the bag in future posts. I will also let you know the name of this wee one when she arrives and the birth certificate has been filed with the state of New York....

1 comment:

Greenmare said...

what?????? A new grandbaby????? You didn't tell me that!!!! HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!