Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fabulous Feedback!

What a wonderful surprise it was when I discovered this darling photo of finished jackets and hats that were made from my super simple Quilted Baby Doll Jacket and Hat pattern.  These gorgeous jackets were made by Beate Kingsley (or Sewloonie, as she calls herself on etsy) who left this photo as feedback on my etsy shop.  Beate hails from the southern shores of Georgian Bay, which as she states in her profile on flickr, is sometimes called The Sixth Great Lake.  It is actually part of Lake Huron, separated from it by the Bruce Peninsula which is located in Ontario, Canada.  She is very lucky to be just a few hours north of Toronto.  Whew, there is everyone's geography lesson for the day!  Beate is quite a seamstress and by the photographs I have found on her flickr accout, I can tell she loves her grandchildren!  She's a quilter, a knitter, and obviously loves to sew for children and babies.  It's worth the trip to flickr to see what she has created up there in Canada.  One of her albums, FOE FUN, has me wanting to learn all about this Fold Over Elastic.....
      
As I sit here and type this, I am willing to bet that my new friend from the great white north isn't wearing shorts and flip flops like I am.  It's still in the 90's down here.  Where is our fall???  Yoo hooo ... we are ready for you... tap tap tap....

1 comment:

Greenmare said...

they are great! remember the one I made as your guinnea pig??? well it turned out pretty good too, I just with little Maggie still fit in it! I'll try to send you some nice fall weather okay?